Tuesday, February 21, 2006

No More Mayo for Me


I used to be into it. Mayo goes well on sandwiches and tuna casseroles or, if you are french, you can use it to eat french fries. I used to be totally into it. And then came that fateful question: "Does this smell good to you?" I asked my friend Levi as I pass him the Mayo, the next key ingredient for my tuna melt quesadilla. "It's PRETTY old, but it smells alright." Looking back on that moment, where the age-old "has that dairy product gone bad, or can we get another day on it" dilemma reared its ugly head, I do confess that it smelt a bit tangy. But, the draw of the impending quesadilla was too great. My my ability to discriminate between good and bad mayonnaise had been overshadowed. Sure, it tasted great--the BBQ sauce made it even more epic--but then came the morning after, when each of the people who had partaken of the delight had a proportionate amount of stomach upset according to the amount of mayonnaise taken. Two days in, I still have food poisoning. No more mayo for me.

No comments: